Skip to main content

El Camino High School

Main Menu Toggle
WELCOME to El Camino High School.  Home of the Gators and a California Model Continuation High School!
Staff email: Office 365
School Policies » Work Experience

Work Experience

California law requires that all persons under 18 years of age who are employed must have a work permit.  Make sure you are legally employed.  Legal hours of employment are between 5a.m. and 10 p.m.  Your working time plus your time in school must not exceed more than eight hours per day unless you are enrolled in Work Experience Education.


The REQUEST FOR WORK PERMIT AND STATEMENT OF INTENT TO EMPLOY MINOR, obtained from the Work Experience Coordinator in the Career Center, must be signed by your parent or guardian.  Your employer must fill out the offer to work, including the hours you will be working per week, and the name of the employer’s worker’s compensation carrier.  Be sure the application is filled in completely in ink.  Bring the completed application to the Work Experience Coordinator to obtain a temporary work permit.


You may be employed part-time in a job, and earn a maximum of (10) credits each semester, with a maximum of (40) credits to be applied toward graduation requirements provided you have enrolled in a Work Experience Education program.